Howard Payne University
- Education & Training
Howard Payne University is a Christ-centered, close-knit academic community located in the heart of Texas since 1889.
HPU remains dedicated to honoring Christ and serving His Church by providing an educational experience that integrates faith, learning and living. The university offers a wide array of undergraduate programs and a limited number of graduate programs, offered in a traditional residential academic community where relationships are nurtured and individuals matter. Students, faculty, staff and administration work together under the shared values of academic excellence, service to others and Christian integrity. The Guy D. Newman Honors Academy challenges students with a multidisciplinary curriculum and exciting travel opportunities. The university also offers selected graduate and undergraduate coursework by electronic means and at extended learning centers in El Paso and New Braunfels. HPU maintains a low student-teacher ratio, which contributes to the university's reputation of being ''a place where everybody is somebody.''
Howard Payne University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; telephone number 404-679-4501) to award degrees at the associate, baccalaureate and master's levels.
- Founded: June 20,1889
- Degree programs in seven schools
- School colors: Navy blue and old gold
- School mascot: The Yellow Jacket (a.k.a. Buzzsaw)
- Apply for admissions at www.hputx.edu/apply
Whom to Contact
- Laura BenoitDirector of Alumni RelationsPhone: (325) 649-8007
- PJ GramlingDirector of AdmissionPhone: (325) 649-8406
- Charles LewisLeadership 22-23Phone: (325) 649-8020
- Kalie LowriePhone: (325) 649-8020
- Dale MeineckeVice President for DevelopmentPhone: (325) 649-8804